Executive Flyers Aviation helps people realize their dreams of flying airplanes.
Here’s the process:
Your First Lesson:
- Your instructor explains the flight before takeoff
- You fly a four-seater, Cessna 172SP
- You get to control the aircraft throughout the flight
- The flight lesson lasts an entire hour
- We give you a realistic idea of what training is like
- Post-flight debrief answers remaining questions
- No experience is necessary
- Flights are available for US and Non-US citizens
- Pre-registration is not necessary, but strongly advised
- Call us anytime to schedule your flight
Discovery Flights cost $199
Gift certificates are available.
How EFA helps you become a pilot:
- Use the Cessna Pilot Center flight training system hand-in-hand with your flights to gain knowledge about aircraft systems, airspace, weather, human factors, weight and balance, learning how to calculate flight time, speed, fuel requirements and much more.
- Get your aviation medical certificate from a FAA medical examiner.
- Follow the Cessna syllabus for your flights to learn the basics of flight and work your way up to your first solo flight.
- Fine-tune your skills, take cross country flights and night flights, and take a written ‘knowledge’ exam. The FAA’s older part 61 program requires 40 hours while the newer part 141 curriculum only requires 35. However, tha national average is closer to 70 hours. You may expect to fly 10-15 hours solo.
- When you’re ready and you have completed the syllabus requirements with complete understanding and approval by your instructor, you will take an oral and practical exam with a FAA Designated Examiner. This is called your ‘checkride’.
You can earn your Private Pilot License and see the world from a new perspective. Rent EFA aircraft, take friends for pleasure flights, day or night. Enjoy weekend getaways to the Cape or islands without traffic. Unwind after a tough day at the office with a relaxing flight at the controls of EFA’s exceptional airplanes.
A safe and competent pilot is a result of careful instruction, a solid knowledge base and sound decision making skills. Your best alternative is to train with full time, professional flight instructors who are committed to success. Our flight instructors are educators who are rigorously trained by EFA to deliver the knowledge gained by our four decades of flight training experience and produce the very best pilots in the nation.
We have trained thousands of pilots who say earning their Private Pilot Certificate is one of their greatest accomplishments. You will become a licensed aviator and enjoy the personal freedom of flight.
|Estimated Private Pilot Training Costs||Cessna 172SP G1000||Cessna 172SP||Cessna 172|
|per hour / sub total||per hour / sub total||per hour / sub total|
|45 Hours Dual Flight||$215 / $9,675||$210 / $9,450||$190 / $8,550|
|15 Hours Solo Flight||$160 / $2,400||$155 / $2,325||$135 / $2,025|
|12 Hours Ground Instruction||$55 / $660||$55 / $660||$55 / $660|
|1 Private Flight Kit||$399*||$399*||$399*|
|Prepayment Savings||13-$1000 ($650)||12-$1000 ($600)||11-$1000 ($550)|
*6.25% sales tax not included. Learn more about the Private Pilot Training Kit.
These are average costs based on instruction, flying and simulator time listed above. Actual time will vary by student.
Pre-Payment Bonus Plan
You can pay as you fly or you can earn a bonus for block payments:
- Pay $500 to $999, earn 3% bonus
Pay $1000 or more, earn 5% bonus
Prepayment bonuses are credited to your account for future flights and may be used for any EFA instruction, aircraft rental or pilot supply purchases.
There is so much more up there for you to discover and EFA is there to help. We have a host of courses to take your skills and privileges to the next level. And if you are interested in making aviation your career, Executive Flyers will foster the safety-conscious professionalism our industry demands.
- G1000 Upgrade Course
- Instrument Rating Course
- Instrument Fast Track Course
- Aerobatics Courses
- Formation Flying Course
- Commercial License Course
- Multi-Engine License Course
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Course
- Turboprop Introduction & Transition
Also, please inquire about:
- High Performance and Tailwheel Endorsement Courses
- Pinch-Hitter Courses
- Certified Flight Instructor Courses (CFI, CFII, MEI)
If you are ready to enroll, please fill out our Online Student Application form.
Non-US citizens, please enroll here.
If you still have questions, we’d love to help! Please fill out this form and we will contact you soon.