The final class in our Ground Seminar Series will be Maintenance at EFA’s Maintenance Hangar on Saturday, May 19 from 10:00am to 12:30pm. Members of our staff will lead this discussion. $25
As pilots, we understand aircraft systems, but we rarely get to see under the hood. This is our opportunity.
Come to our maintenance office in Lawrence, MA and we’ll look inside the cowling to get a better idea of what goes on in there.
We expect to be surprised at how much more we understand after looking at everything more closely. This spells confidence and safety. It’s also an opportunity you can’t get anywhere else.
Topics will include:
- Look â€œunder the hoodâ€ of the aircraft you fly
- Learn the whys and wherefores of parts and systems
- Understand what the pre-flight checks tell you and why you do them
- Learn the techniques of cold and hot starting and why we do what we do
- Find out what to do when something doesnâ€™t look/sound/feel/smell right
- Discuss in-flight abnormalities and how to write them up
- Develop the systems understanding you need to diagnose abnormalities and take action
Oops! We could not locate your form.