The seventh class in our Ground Seminar Series will be Advanced G1000 – IFR Operations on Saturday, April 7 from 10:00am to 12:30pm. Sean Brodeur will be teaching. $50
This seminar will address the Garmin 1000′s instrument pilot-specific capabilities. Instrument-rated clients new to the G1000 will see how the glass display simplifies so much about IFR flying. This will also be a good review for clients who are already familiar with the G1000 because we will discuss some common pitfalls along the way.
Topics will include:
- Entering filed route and changing flight plans
- Instrument, RAIM and VOR checks
- Pre-departure setup (DP and emergency return)
- Checking weather before departing
- Enroute operations
- Full or vectored approach setup
- Course reversals (P/T or hold)
- Use of GPS in lieu of DME
- GPS approach criteria for LPV, LNAV, and LNAV/VNAV
- Missed approach and holds
- Timers and DA/MDA settings
- Integrated autopilot and KAP 140 use
Oops! We could not locate your form.