- Recognized as one of the "30 Under 30" in the travel industry by TTG Media (the world’s very first weekly travel trade newspaper).
- Hosts a travel-focused segment on national radio shows TALKSport and TALKRadio, providing insights on travel regulations and destinations.
- “Tour Operator Travel Guru” and “Legend Award” winner at the Online Travel Training POP Awards 2023 (for the completion of over 250 courses).
- Fellow of the Institute of Travel and Tourism.
- Member of the Association of Women Travel Executives.
- Marketing Manager at Exsus Travel.
- Has visited over 40 countries so far, with an aim to visit 10 more within the next year.
ExperienceElla Dunham is an accomplished Marketing Manager and Freelance Travel Journalist with an impressive track record of eight years in the travel and tourism sectors. Notably recognized as one of the "30 Under 30" in the travel industry by TTG Media, Ella brings a wealth of skills and experience to her roles. As a Marketing Manager at Exsus Travel, Ella demonstrates her strategic prowess by collaborating with leadership to shape comprehensive marketing strategies while regularly contributing her extensive knowledge of the industry to travel media outlets. In her freelance capacity, Ella's dynamism translates into hosting a travel-focused segment on national radio shows TALKSport and TALKRadio, providing insights on travel regulations and destinations. Her previous roles further underscore Ella's strong experience and knowledge in the travel sector. Ella lived in the Soldeu ski resort in Andorra as a Resort Advisor and worked at one of the country’s largest travel companies where she garnered knowledge and understanding of an impressive range of industry sectors such as cruise, aviation, destination planning, MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions tourism), recruitment and more. Ella's love for marketing began when she started a fan page at age 14 that garnered 960,000 followers at its peak and went on to win a Shorty Award for the ‘Best Fan page’ on Twitter. She was interviewed by Rolling Stone Magazine as a result of the popular account. She has visited over 40 countries so far, with an aim to visit 10 more within the next year.
EducationElla Dunham's educational journey includes a BA Hons degree in Broadcast Journalism from The University of Leeds, as well as having earned certificates in areas like Sustainable Tourism from the University of Copenhagen, Social Media Marketing certificates with Google, and more. With over 250 travel training modules under her belt, Ella possesses a well-rounded grasp of the travel industry, honed through diverse topics including hotels, flight/cruise operators, and destination training. Throughout her academic tenure, Ella has immersed herself in key modules such as Travel Writing, Documentary TV-making, and Media Law. A notable highlight is Ella's completion of the Sustainable Tourism course with the esteemed University of Copenhagen, showcasing her dedication to environmentally responsible practices, as well as completion of ABTA’s Carbon Literacy in the Travel Industry and Advanced Social Media for Travel courses. Ella's holistic approach to growth is further evident through her attainment of CPD-certified accolades. She has earned certifications as a Sustainability Champion, showcasing her commitment to driving sustainable practices, as well as in Emotional Intelligence and Wellbeing in the Workplace, highlighting her dedication to personal and professional wellness. Ella has also recently achieved qualification as a 200-hour Yoga Instructor, which she trained for in India, emphasizing her dedication to both her personal and professional growth journey.
Awards/Recognition/Accolades• Named in TTG’s 30 Under 30 in the Travel Industry 2023 • “Tour Operator Travel Guru” and “Legend Award” at the Online Travel Training POP Awards 2023 (for the completion of over 250 courses) • Fellow of the Institute of Travel and Tourism, currently in the process of joining their ‘Future You’ program, where she will travel around the country, giving lectures and providing mentorship to college students studying travel-related degrees • Member of the Association of Women Travel Executives
Where Ella Has Been Mentioned
- 30 Under 30: https://www.ttgmedia.com/30-under-30-cohorts/class-of-2023/introducing-the-2023-ttg-30-under-30
- Legend and Guru awards: https://www.onlinetraveltraining.com/uk/ott-for-partners/ott-pop-gurus-2023
- Ella joins Exsus: https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/tour-operators/exsus-travel-appoints-new-marketing-manager
- Listen to Ella: https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1598659200/1598666400/
- Instagram (@smallworld.travel): https://www.instagram.com/smallworld.travel/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ella-dunham